Monday, May 25, 2009

Whatever Quotes

"You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
  • Definitely agree with this one. We can sit here and complain about how bad things are and how much we wish something would be done, but it won't just happen. We have to make the effort to change what we don't like. Set the example. Others will follow eventually.

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."-Albert Einstein

  • I know that when I donate that change I have in the bottom of my purse to the charity standing outside of Albertsons I feel so much better. Or when I went down to the Rescue Mission and I got to experience it first hand seeing all these people who came there and the people running the mission are there with open arms telling them to come on in. It puts a perspective on things.

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."- Helen Keller

  • Spoken by a true adventurer. I couldn't agree more with this quote because if we stay inside all day and we're scared to face the challenges in life, where are we going? Nowhere. We are cowards. We must try different and scary things in order to really live.

"Many people die with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out." -Oliver Wendell Holmes

  • With a lot of things I do, I always tell myself okay I'll do that later or I still have time I'll make it. This quote is very self explanatory. You must live in the moment. Don't fear it, don't prepare for it, embrace it. There's too much to lose if you don't.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost

  • Don't sweat the small stuff is what he's saying. Things are going to go wrong in life, they're supposed to. That's how we learn. If we makes mistakes then we know how to avoid doing the same thing over again when we face the consequences. We're not going to die if we get a bad hair cut. The world will not come to an end if I get a B. It's understandable. Just get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment